/* Variable definitions ====================

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Stockton the cat




Since the day we got engaged I begged cameron to let me get a kitten when we were married. He continually told me "no." Then one day, after we had been married, he told me "yes." We rushed to the humane society and picked out the last male kitten they had. They had a play with him in an isolated room (to make sure we'd all get along). We signed some paper work, paid way too much to adopt him, and then drove home. For some reason (I can't remember why now) cam & I had taken separate cars. Stockton rode home with me. He was meowing so much I felt bad and could hardly stand it. So, at the next red light, I opened his little cat carrier and let him out. He explored the car and then rode on my lap the rest of the way home.

He has been the best cat. He is so loving and fun. He has the funniest little quircks and meows SO LOUD when either cameron or myself come home from work/school. He hates being left alone.

He LOVES car rides. We drive him to my parents house, gas stations, and even just to drive. He loves it.

His favorite toy is a stuffed monkey. He carries Monkey everywhere. They are the best of friends.

Cameron, in the span of six or seven months, has turned into a full blown cat man. So much so....That when we met John Stockton, Cameron's idol, about a month ago, Cameron told John that we named our cat after him. John Stockton, THE JOHN STOCKTON, looked up and cameron and said "Your cat?!" He was totally weirded out, but laughed. I went bright red and Cameron told him that in order for me (kayla) to get a cat he got to choose the name....Poor John, bet he never thought he'd have crazy cat people name their cat after him.


4 comments:

  1. hahaha i love this story! colin told me he was going to get me a cat for christmas...but since we are moving me can't get one anymore. i was sad...but your cat is cute! and that's way awesome that you met john stockton!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Oh, you're turning into your parents! Remember when you told me that they take Figuero (sp?) on car rides with them? You thought they were weird. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin, she is NOT turning into her parents...I don't even like cats. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol!!!!! your cat???? oh johnny. relax. you guys are crazy cat people. it's ok. i still like you.

    ReplyDelete